Wednesday, December 2, 2015

keel thanksgiving

For my family gatherings revolve around food, much to the excitement of my tastebuds and the dismay of my waistline.  Sending a girl of little willpower into my mom's kitchen for an extended period of time is a never winning battle that I'll happily suffer for the next week when I'm running a little extra.  

Last week's visit was no different and maybe even amped up a bit due to the gloriousness of Thanksgiving meals.  Our few days there were full of eating obviously but also some fun board game time with my boys and nieces as they learned the art of playing monopoly and clue.  There was also a bit of adult gaming as settlers of catan was played post kiddo bedtime and a few of us ran away to watch Katniss and company kick and be kicked, tears were shed.

We even carved some time out (see what I did there) for a family photoshoot wherein we got a GREAT picture of me and my siblings which has not happened for many a year.  But I can not share those pictures without first showing the traditional skinning of the bird.  In the Keel house roasted turkey skin is a delicacy that will outmatch even the most sophisticated Parisian fare.  I'm more than a little proud to have passed this love on to my son.
































No comments:

Post a Comment