Friday, January 29, 2016

sweet magnolia

I hadn't been on a girls' trip since I was pregnant with Connor.  That's a good 7 years ago.  There have thankfully been many day trips and girls' nights out but this past weekend I boarded a plane with four fantastic ladies and flew to the big state of Texas.  

If you are a fan of HGTV then there is a good chance you have heard of the show Fixer Upper.  It is a favorite of mine for all the reasons it is loved by many.  A fun couple who wants to bring joy to families by making houses into homes and revitalizing the town they love in the process.  Seriously great and beautiful things in that show, and not just from the decor!  While watching with Zach one night I said out loud how cool it would be to go out there and my travel loving husband immediatey started planning a trip.  Somewhere in the middle of the planning He let go of his need to adventure with me and instead gave me the gift of a weekend away with the girls.  

As much as I wish everyone was able to come, I loved the time with the three others who were able as we drove under the big Texas sky, walked in the very cold Texas wind, talked about things that only come up when you are with each other 24/7 and searched for treasures.  It was a very memorable weekend.



























No comments:

Post a Comment