Monday, May 23, 2011

train table

Two Christmases ago my mother-in-law and I both spotted a train table sitting on the side of the road down the street from their house. I had wanted a train table for Micah for awhile but wasn't crazy about the expense because they are ridiculous! Zach and I had figured out an ok version to create from a coffee table at IKEA but it still wouldnt have been as large or low to the ground as this. The only problem I saw was that it was FILTHY so we packed in the back of the van to bring home and there it has sat since waiting for a new house.

Well let's face it, a new house could still be who knows how much longer away and in the mean time there are trains in the living room! Last week I got the urge to get it done so I got down to business. Step one was clean, clean, clean. I scrubbed the whole thing with Murphy's Oil Soap and rinsed well with water. Steph had some leftover brown oops paint from Lowes that she graciously let me borrow and in two days it was done. We moved it into the boys room last weekend and with some rearranging (train tables are bigger than you'd think!) it is finally in Micah's room and looks and works great!




3 comments: