Monday, October 31, 2011

10 years ago

Halloween has never been a holiday I've enjoyed. Mainly because it's overall purpose is to be scary and I am a big fat chicken. However, 10 years ago today I found a reason to love it. My sophomore year at Auburn I dressed up in overalls and a plaid shirt to go to a Halloween Party last minute with some friends. There was a guy there that I had met in choir and he was good friends with one of my friends so we were going to make an "appearance'. After getting to the party it didn't take long for my fickle self to forget him completely because standing on the porch in a leisure suit playing guitar and singing was a HOTTIE! After I saw him sit and play the piano as well I knew he was something special. Thankfully he noticed me too and a little romance started that has lasted 10 years and is still going strong.

The funny thing is that technically we met 11 days before this night. Zach remembers me from a birthday part I attended with some guy friends and he says we were introduced that night. It wasn't until after we had been dating for a few weeks that I knew this and I still don't have vivid memories from it. I am so thankful that he remembers me though and so beyond blessed that a third of my life has been spent with this amazing guy!

I was listening to a song the other day that made me think of us together. It is of course a Sara Groves song because I swear she's inside my head writing my thoughts and life!

TWICE AS GOOD
Sara Groves

when I am down and need to cry till morning
I know just where I am going
when I'm in need of sweet commiseration
to speak out loud

raise a glass to friendship and to knowing
you don't have to go alone
we'll raise our hearts to share each others burdens
on this road

with every burden I have carried
with every joy it's understood
life with you is half as hard
and twice as good

with my good news your dancing on the table
babies born to celebration
the joy of life oh what a sweet communion
shared with you

I know we're growing older
can you imagine what that will bring
it's all a mystery to me now
but this one thing

will be half as hard, and twice as good


1 comment:

  1. i was there!! i remember that night so well for some reason.

    ReplyDelete