Saturday, April 25, 2015

spring craft market

Before I can catch up on the WEEKS of pitiful blogging on all the fun things we've been up to besides my craftaholicness I wanted to share about the Craft Market.

In one word I'll say AMAZING!  But I have more words than one :)  It seriously was one of the most fun things I've ever done and I am still overwhelmed (in a good way) at how great it was.

 My parents helped me load up my car and there car with my boocoodles of stuff and take it over to the church the night before.  We weren't able to start setting up until after 10 because of a wedding shower for Zach's youngest brother which meant we weren't done until well after midnight.  There was a lot of stuff to fit into a 10x10 space but my mom is a master at manipulating spaces so we fit it all and kept it pretty darn cute.

My mom and I got there around 8 the next morning to help with the details of the event and make sure everything was ready for the other vendors.  Kiley was in charge of the whole thing and I know it stressed her out but she did a FANTASTIC job of keeping everything straight and making her own super cute booth as well.  It was a rainy rainy day but the sun was shining through the rain and we had a steady and by steady I mean STEADY stream of people all day.  

I got to chat with lots of new folks and see some old friends who came to visit the Market as well.  I sold 95% of my products, got orders from 5 or 6 people for items I ran out of quickly, got to keep two things I REALLY wanted :), and made the rest of the money I needed for my part of our trip to Romania.  Thankful doesn't even begin to cover it.

I know that God's hand was all over this and next year if we do it again which I hope we do, I won't make as much money because I definitely won't make as many products.  Either way while I don't plan on making this a job any time soon or maybe ever I can't wait to do it again!









1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I am really glad you shared bout it (I was hoping you would). I can't wait to see more of what you come up with. I would definitely make a purchase from you if I were there. Cute stuff. I am so glad it all went well. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete