Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!



Wow...so Zach, Micah and I just got back from a southeast Christmas tour and are EXHAUSTED! The busiest part had nothing to do with Christmas but that will come in a later post.

We spent Dec. 21st-25th at my parents' house in Enterprise, AL. Unfortunately there was only one day (Christmas Day) that we were all actually there but that's alright. We spent the first part of the week with my brother Tim, sister Jennifer and nieces Keelie and Haley. David and Christina were gone for a long weekend and Chris had basketball games to coach. We basically did nothing but watch my mom cook for us and it was FANTASTIC. It was nice to be able to sit in one spot, especially since my dad was taking Micah to the park and playing with him constantly outside on the bikes!

Christmas Day we were all together and had a great time opening presents. I was hoping Micah would be a little more into the present opening this year, but for that to happen I think he'd have to open his stocking last! He got a reindeer pez dispenser and spent the majority of the morning eating candy (it was Christmas after all!!) Then one of the first presents he opened was a kiddie electric guitar from my parents and it was a lost cause after that! He loved that thing. We did manage to get him back at the end to open a gift of tons of clothes from my sister, but then he just wanted to put them all on. However the highlight of the morning seemed to be the pop up tunnel fort system my brother and sister in law gave him because he, Haley, Keelie and Tim, of course, played with it before the little ones all crashed from Christmas morning exhaustion.

That afternoon my mom made her traditional lunch of prime rib and garlic mashed potatoes and we rested and hung out for a bit before we had to pack up and head out to North Georgia for my sister in laws wedding.

Here's a few pics of our wonderful Christmas Morning!

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I can't wait to hear all about your super busy Christmas holiday! I love the picture of the 3 grandkids with all of the stockings behind them! So cute!

    Oh yeah! How was the cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the slide show! You are too creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next year will be a REALLY exciting Christmas. Micah will LOVE it. We had prime rib and I think mom also made garlic mashed potatoes ( I am pretty sure that is what they were since I don't eat them).

    ReplyDelete