Friday, July 10, 2009

adjustments

It has been two months since my second precious baby boy came into our lives (in a more physical presence) and things have been a little crazy.

In the past 8 1/2 weeks Connor was born, Micah has become a big brother, Zach started a new job, we have driven to Enterprise twice, Gainesville once, had family up here, and have shown our house twice and I have had to do something I HATE to do...ADJUST to CHANGE!

I love to do lists, schedules, routines, cleanliness, normalcy, home...basically all the things that have not been happening the last two months of my life. Having two boys is amazing. I LOVE them. It's crazy how your heart actually doubles so that both can fit perfectly :) However, all the things that come with raising two boys has jumbled my head so much that I feel upside down and sideways a lot of the time. I literally mean upside down. I'm actually having dreams that I am UPSIDE DOWN! When you add this to the job change, the new car we need to be searching for, and the want/need for more space that has resulted in the dreaded real estate wait so many are dealing with, it gets a little hairy (jan's word)!

It probably doesn't help either that I have been able to sit and listen to all of 1 church service the last two months and my prayer life has dwindled down to nursing times only when I'm half asleep. So far I haven't gone insane yet :) So far I'm dealing, stressing some times and enjoying most times, but still dealing. I'm praying in another month or two I can say the same thing no matter what circumstances have changed, but oh how I want some of them to change*!!

*I just realized in saying that that there is a good chance the ones I don't want to change will and the ones I want to change won't. Why does God do that!??!?!?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

  1. I think that you are doing a wonderful job! i hope that I can handle my two as well as you are.
    I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's teaching us so many things:)

    ReplyDelete