Wednesday, November 11, 2009

new toy

I am a sucker for a Scholastic Book Order form. I loved looking at them when I was little, loved sending them home as a teacher and now love getting them from Micah's preschool. One of the items I ordered was a Christmas Pattern Block activity book. There are many different pages of winter and Christmas shapes that you can use the blocks to fill out. They even have the 'cheat' sides that show you exactly what blocks to use. The blocks are also magnetic so they store on the magnetic page in the book and can by used on any metal surface.

This morning while the little boys were sleeping and and Bella was at school Micah and I had some fun playing with it. These short times on Wednesday mornings are about the only time I have Micah to myself so I try to take full advantage of it. We did
a couple of the patterns in the book and then had fun making our own pictures.

Per Micah's request, we made...

A Face


A Tree



A Rug




and COLORS







2 comments:

  1. I also loved Scholastic Book orders...and am as bad with CBOMC...I love the "rug." Interior decorator at heart...in a masculine way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! I can't wait for the Scholastic Warehouse sell in Dec.

    ReplyDelete