Thursday, March 11, 2010

contentment

“Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned {or am trying to learn}, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.” ~Phillipians 4:11

So I'm still working on the contentment word of the year thing. Like most of us some days it's easy and joyful and some days I'd like to take contentment and throw it through a window. I was struggling one day this week with the house thing again. On Saturday we cleaned thoroughly and left for 3 1/2 hours because buyers were coming to look sometime between 1 and 3 and we wanted to give atleast 1/2 hour on each side just in case. On Monday we found out that they never showed up. Not fun news for Sarah. It was my first seller meltdown. I became a puddle. Poor Zach was talking me down from the ledge.

Here I was trying to be content with where I am but furious at being where I was. Wednesday night at women's group (can I say AGAIN how much I love these ladies) we were talking about Boundaries and God and about getting angry with Him but not losing sight of him and also about not being passive but asking for your desires but also trusting in His way and the boundaries He sets by saying no. Anybody else think that gets confusing!?

One important thing I learned to help me with truly being content in where I am was discovering that I was scared to be content with my house now because I was afraid that God would make me stay or forget I wanted to move. Yes I know this might sound ridiculous. Anyway {lightbulb} I realized and by that I mean told straight up by one fabulous woman that God knows the desires of my heart and asking for them is not a sign of not being content. This seems obvious but it wasn't. Anyway today I feel much better about everything and am no longer equating content to giving up on dreams/desires!! Yay for more a more peaceful mind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment