Monday, March 8, 2010

playroom wall

In the midst of my not fabulous week my brain thought of a semi crafty idea so I went with it. One wall of the playroom was very bare and boring so I grabbed some things that I already had in the garage and solved the problem.


Valspar Plastic spray paint in red (micah's fav color)
a six pack of Command hooks
jute twine

I sprayed the hooks with three coats to make sure it was very vibrantly red and marked my spots on the wall. I hung three hooks widely apart at the top to hang Micah's art work from home and preschool and hung three more on the bottom for play hats, clothes, or whatever else he decides to put up there.








I love the way it filled up and added cuteness to our boring, bare playroom wall. The only thing I'd like to change is to find some wooden painted pieces to glue on the clothes pin to 'kid' them up a little bit!

DIY Day @ ASPTL

2 comments:

  1. I've seen cute painted wooden pieces at Hobby Lobby. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking the same thing Leslie! And they are really cheap- they have everything from trains to butterflies to bugs.

    Such a great idea for displaying art work or pictures!

    ReplyDelete