Wednesday, April 27, 2011

strawberries

Saturday morning we went to Southern Belle Farm to pick strawberries. We forgot to get cash before we went so Zach dropped the boys and me off to check out all the animals while he ran to get the money. I wish wish wish I had gotten the camera out before he drove off because the boys were SOOOOOO cute looking at all the farm animals. We saw donkeys, goats, a mommy and baby cow, rabbits, baby chicks and ducklings, big chickens and a huge peacock! Then we walked down a loooooonnnnnnnggggg dirt road to the strawberry patch and were absolutely FILTHY by the time we arrived. It had rained the night before and was overcast all morning so our shoes were covered in mud. The strawberries were gorgeous (for me to look at since I don't eat them) and it didn't take long to fill up our bucket. Zach kept a close watch on Connor because he grabbed anything he could find and we ended up with a couple lime green strawberries!! We stayed long enough to feed the goats again and eat lunch because my baby belly was not going to allow a 20+ minute drive home without some food!

So far with our harvest I've made a strawberry trifle, 6 jars of freezer jam, some smoothies and have a few left that I guess the boys will just eat because I'm out of ideas!







No comments:

Post a Comment