Sunday, April 22, 2012

sunday song

During early babiness something happens to me that is not really a positive. While I treasure every smile, giggle, and milestone, I am usually exhausted physically, mentally and spiritually. I miss church quite often if I have to feed Logan or he's fussy since he's not quite old enough for nursery yet. Quiet time is hard to achieve in any kind of extended form as well at this stage because for me anyway there's not a lot of time where all three are boys are quiet except for bedtime and by then I want to go to bed too! This morning Zach left up his order of worship and slides and I caught a glimpse at this one. It's one of my all time favorites and not just because a beautifully voiced friend sang it at church frequently when we first started going to CCC. It's my favorite because it's a reminder of where real rest comes from. My Savior serves all my needs and REST is right at the top! Thank you Lord for giving me a dwelling place.

 I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Come unto Me and rest;
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down,
Thy head upon My breast."
I came to Jesus as I was,
Weary and worn and sad;
I found in Him a resting-place,
And He has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Behold, I freely give
The living water; thirsty one,
Stoop down and drink and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank
Of that life-giving stream.
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
And now I live in Him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"I am this dark world's Light.
Look unto Me; thy morn shall rise
And all thy day be bright."
I looked to Jesus, and I found
In Him my Star, my Sun;
And in that Light of Life I'll walk
Till traveling days are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment