Monday, July 2, 2012

not real

There are articles written about this all the time and in a much more eloquent way than I ever could but my mind is being haunted lately.  Just fyi I am not at the depths of despair.  I am just recognizing this oh so familiar feeling in my heart and mind and feel the need to put it in down and hand it over before it takes a firmer grasp this time.  Therefore, I am writing this list to my future self so that upteen years from now when I struggle with it again or have finally let the Holy Spirit have dominating authority over that part of my brain I will remember and can praise God that either He still puts up with me or praise Him that I am free from this...

*when I see perfect houses in blogs and magazines that is not real
*when I see workout videos that make it seem that in just 30 days you too can look like Jillian Michaels that is not real
*when I see perfect children playing quietly on the floor while their mother sits and reads in adorable clothes that is not real
*when I see movies and tv shows with perfect couples who have perfect fights and then make perfect love that is not real
*when I see perfect women that seem to have it all together that is not real
*when I feel that I'm alone and the only one struggling that is not real
*when I feel unloved or unliked or unappreciated that is not real
*when I feel like I'm the meanest or most boring or busiest mom that is not real
*when I feel that everyone else recognizes the difficulties and sin in their life and handles in the best Christian way possible that is not real

So what is real...

My righteousness earned through the perfect life of Jesus is real
My forgiveness earned through the perfect death of Jesus is real
My new life given through the Holy Spirit is real

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
 2 Corinthians 12:9

5 comments:

  1. Dave would be proud of you using the 3 gifts of the gospel there :) Love You babe...that's real

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Totally what I needed today. Thank you Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, Sarah. How about this one too...
    Sharing your soul in a Sunday school class or small group and everyone else stares at the ground out of embarrassment for you OR they each share their wisdom with you on how to handle your problem/sin because they aren't struggling.....that's not real! I have a lifetime filled with those unreal moments.

    ReplyDelete