Saturday, January 19, 2013

conversations of the heart

Micah had a birthday party on Sunday afternoon and we had a rare occasion alone in the car to talk.  On the way from the party to our small group meeting I had the urge to ask him a question.  I don't want to forget what was said so I'm writing it down. This is how our conversation went.

Me:  Micah do you know how much Jesus loves you?
M:  Infinity
Me:  Ha.  Yes that's right.  Do you know how much God loves you?
M:  Infinity too
Me:  Yep, no matter what you do it is always infinity.  Did you know Mommy and Daddy love Jesus and God too?  Do you love Jesus?
M:  Yeah
Me:  Did you know that Mommy and Daddy have Jesus' spirit in their hearts.
M:  Yep.
Me:  Do you think one day you will want Jesus' spirit in your heart too?
M:  I already do.
Me:  You do?!
M:  Yep I do.
Me:  Oh...(trying not to be shocked and maybe doubtful) Well that's really cool.  Did you ask him?
M:  Yeah and (making a sucking noise) he came in.
Me:  Really!?  When did you do that?
M:  In my bed when I was 4.  I prayed it in my head.
Me:  Why didn't you tell us?
M:  Because I didn't need to talk about it.
Me:  Well Sweetie that is very cool. Thank you for telling me about it.

I told Zach about it last night and we were both very smiley and excited at the thought.  In both of our heads there's that thought of wondering if, but in the end we have to trust the plan that God has for all our children and we pray that he will reveal himself to them in a way that they need and understand.  We will always only know about our children's spiritual lives by what they share with us and fruit they show.  No matter what is going on in his precious heart our conversations and example will continue to be us striving to be a light to our kids, ever failing but ever knowing He works through us in spite of us.



  


2 comments:

  1. Awwww... that's really awesome! Micah is so precious! God's covenant promises are at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How encouraging! I can only imagine what it does to your heart when you hear your little one say that he loves Jesus.

    ReplyDelete