Thursday, May 21, 2009

fun for just peanuts

Styrofoam peanuts!!

Yesterday I woke up thinking 'what the heck are Micah and I going to do today?' Since we've been spending the last week and a half inside with the same toys doing the same things I was starting to go crazy. I'm sure he didn't even notice! I wanted to do something fun and new, but since going to a store and buying something was just not going to happen I improvised by using this.




My friend Becky introduced this book to me at the beginning of the CMC school year. After looking through her copy I bought one from Amazon. I honestly haven't done but a few things in it so I wasn't sure if it was going to help. I scanned through the index and found improvising a sandbox and one of the suggestions was using packing peanuts. One of Micah's bday presents came in a huge box of packing peanuts that I couldn't bare to throw away. I had been storing them in a giant Elmo gift bag under my scrapping table.

I emptied the bag in a tupperware box and busted out all the sandbox toys Krysti gave Micah for his 1st birthday because we were planning on buying Micah a sandbox. Micah and I spent almost 2 hours hiding little plastic bugs under the peanuts for him to find and scooping the peanuts into a bucket and then pouring them back in the box. I could not believe how much fun he had with it. He would have played with it longer but he was starting to pour the peanuts everywhere in the living room except the bucket so we put it away for another day.











4 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! I am so glad ya'll were able to have fun!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping that idea in my file...sounds like fun! I also just bought that shirt for Eli. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same book. I "borrowed" it from one of my teachers. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad those toys came in handy!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete