Friday, February 12, 2010

valentine's party

Micah's Valentine's party was yesterday and I have to admit this time the party was great! They did several easy for 2 year olds crafts, played some fun games, and had some yummy heart shaped (of course) snacks. I gotta admit that I love celebrating Valentine's Day with kids. I think it's because there is only one meaning. Christmas and Easter are difficult because the meaning of them is God centered but they can get overshadowed by the secular side of Santa and the Easter Bunny. This makes it difficult to keep kids completely focused on the true meaning. With Valentine's Day you don't have to worry about it. All you do is tell those people you love that you love them. Simple.

The first craft was to make a Prince or Princess heart crown.


This cutie finished hers first and then came over to tell me that when Micah was done he could be her prince. The future could be trouble!


Next we decorated bags to put their cards in. Micah was determined to take the backing off the 'tickers' by himself.


He does such a good job.


To test out the strength of the bag he wore it as a hat. It passed the test.


Then they put more stickers on foam hearts. He said this heart was for his daddy.


After a couple of games they sat down to their heart shaped feast. If you look at the plate you will see a homemade and home decorated heart cookie. They were YUMMY! I was in charge of plates and napkins. They're cute too :)

I had a great time hanging out with my little Valentine for a few hours. He could not wait to come home and show Zach all his 'tuff' that he got. He's carried the bag around non stop since yesterday afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to tell Isabella she might have some competition now.

    ReplyDelete