Thursday, February 4, 2010

time

I could fill up post after post with the issues Zach and I have had with time in all manners of ways from being on time, to making time for kids, family, each other, to filling up too much time with other things. (I'll leave you to your own imagination to decide whose issue is whose) However, I do not wish to dwell on a sometimes irritating sometimes ok subject. I will share with you this great idea I saw on another blog this morning and tell you that we are TOTALLY going to try this out to solve at least one of the time issues. Coincidentally (or just God telling me 87 million times) this topic came up in my women's group last night so when I saw it this morning I knew it was meant for me :)

Anyone who has d:one pre marital counseling and/or held a conversation with another wife has heard the importance of having a date night with your husband. Now with two small children, limited budgets, and day to day responsibilities this does not seem like an easy task. But, a 'date' does not have to mean what it did in high school. If I had to take a shower, get ready, hire a babysitter, get things ready for the boys, go out to dinner and an activity, come home, clean up after the boys and babysitter, and then get in bed late having a date night would happen once in a blue moon. That is why I loved this idea and I felt stupid not having ever thought of it myself.

Project 52:Date Nights will begin in our home next week. Just in time for Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Our solution was to always stay up, together, for an hour after the kids went to bed. We were alone, and able to talk or even sit and enjoy silence. It paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but that would require us to both be home when the boys went to bed which we are not atleast 3 nights a week.

    ReplyDelete