Thursday, August 19, 2010

embrace the camera: reunited

It's 10:08 pm...way past the time other embracers have embraced the camera. I thought all week about how cute my post would be this week. Zach and I had been away from the boys for 5 days and I just knew they'd be so excited to see us and that their little faces would just light up and that I wanted to capture that look. We met my parents halfway between conyers and enterprise in the great city of auburn (war eagle!) and Zach sat with camera ready as I opened the car door. Connor promptly burst into tears and Micah (having been asleep) rubbed his eyes for the first ten minutes and barely said a word let alone gave us a smile. The one picture I got was Connor clinging to my neck with a truly PITIFUL look on his face so I just decided to not worry about posting up. However as I sat here in my quiet home with my babies back and sleeping peacefully in their beds thinking about all things that enter your brain when you finally have time to sit and think I gained some clarity (kinda). Embracing is embracing no matter how perfect it didn't go. I didn't love my boys any less for not giving me the reaction I wanted I just held on to them and loved them with all the love I had to give. This thought road then led me to how my Amazing Heavenly Father loves me with all the love he has to give regardless of my reaction in the situations He presents. Heavy (yet beautiful) stuff!! With that I share with you my embrace this week. This picture has truly taught me more than any other one I've posted.




head on over for more perfect or not so perfect pictures

3 comments:

  1. so very precious! his expression is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i liked what you wrote about your picture.

    it is a special moment captured, regardless of if it went the way you wanted it to or not.

    :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your God analogy. So true!

    ReplyDelete