Friday, September 24, 2010

new preschool

When Zach got home he reminded me of all the fun stuff going on here lately and things that I hadn't blogged about it but should and how we will look back on this blog and what I write and remember what life was when the boys were growing up. It was a nice jump start out of my recent fogginess. It also made me realize I hadn't shared anything about Micah's new preschool experience.

This year Micah is going to First Methodist in Covington. It took me awhile to get over the 3 preschools in 3 years thing, but he barely remembers anything from the first two years so he's not scarred apparently I just am. Let me say now that Connor (and any following child/ren) WILL NOT be starting until they are 3. Their mama just can't handle that. (of course now that I've said that watch out for what could happen in the future!)

Anyway, Micah is LOVING school this year. I don't know if it's his age and being older makes him more aware and excited or the school and teachers. I'm guessing a little of both. His teacher this year is Mrs. Emily and her helper is Mrs. Jennifer. There are 14 children in his class and it includes lots of boys which is exciting because besides Connor and William he's barely seen another boy to hang out with. He asks every morning when he wakes up if it's a school day and if it's not says "just one more nigh-night til school." While he was a little nervous on the first day he has been all about it ever since (except for that one morning we've agreed to forget about).

Needless to say I am excited for him and am praying his excitement and love for school does not cease.

Putting lunch away first day
Taking it all in
gathering the courage to sit down
alright he's ready to roll
Walking field trip to Scoops today
(they were studying the five senses and this was their surprise at the end of the unit)

No comments:

Post a Comment