Wednesday, September 8, 2010

wednesday

My women's group ( just realized I without hesitation typed MY instead of the or our or anything else and it made me smile) meets on Wednesdays. It is one of my favorite things about my life here in Conyers. God has taught me a lot in those short two hours every week. I have learned so much about the things the other ladies have to offer and have realized that occasionally I have something to offer to. While I always look forward to being there I was not looking forward to the new book we are doing. We just started So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore. It's not that I don't like Beth Moore. I do. Not as much as some of the ladies ;) but I definitely do. I just don't like insecurity. because I have them. A lot of them. Reading a book like this requires that you focus on it and I have been perfectly fine either ignoring them all or fixing the consequences without having to go to any roots. I'm hoping I will spend Wednesday nights, both at group and on here, sharing what might have been brought up in me during reading/study and how God has either taken that away, brought it to the surface or hopefully it was never a struggle to begin with. I say hope to share because I realized tonight I'm a little insecure about my insecurities. What will people say, what will they think? If I tell them my #1 is any and all relationships will they act nicer because they know I'm insecure about it but it's not real niceness. Will they think I'm only nice to them because I'm insecure about relationships and need to feel like everyone thinks I'm an ok kind of person. Or will I believe that God has placed me in these relationships because He knows they love me and will both challenge and support me. Prayerfully hoping for the latter and that I really see His hand in who I should be involved in and know that I don't have to be involved in everyone because He places others for that. Hmmmm....man Wednesday nights sure make you think.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, I wonder who loves Beth more than you do!! ha, ha!! You are so great....the group wouldn't be the same without you. It's hard to look at our insecurities isn't it and admit them? He will be faithful to walk with you as you dig them up....and so will we!
    love you girl,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete