Saturday, February 5, 2011

getting out

Micah, Connor and I left right after school Wednesday to head down to Enterprise for a few days. Zach was going to YoungLife Camp and Sharptop and I was just too worn out to think about being alone with the boys all weekend. We had a great time at my parents. Micah got to play with his best Enterprise buddy John Parker and had sleepovers with his two beautiful cousin friends (night one Haley and night two Keelie). They talked worms and roared with Papa, got treats from Mimi and wrestled with Tim. All in all a pretty good time. I ate Cutts (YUM!), got to see Jen, Chris, Tim and Christina (poor David was working like a dog tiling at someones house so I didn't get to see him...boo!), cleaned/organized for my mama (one of my favorite things) and last but not least GOT OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!

Connor does not typically sleep well at other peoples houses and by Friday he was exhausted, cranky and completely and utterly attached to me. Like I couldn't walk a foot away without him saying his favorite three words, "hold you mama!" I was going to try to just take him somewhere because usually he does better when we're away from the house but the weather was just nasty. By 10:00 my mom looked at me and suggested that I just get out. I didn't argue! I seriously snuck out while she gave him peppermints. No makeup, nothing, just left!

I spent the next 6ish hours driving and shopping in Dothan. I went to Sonic, Hobby Lobby, Lifeway, TJ Maxx, Old Navy, Pet Smart, and Barnes and Noble. My favorite stop was my very first. It was an antique store suggested to me by my fabulous sister in law and it was great! I wanted quite a few things. Ok TONS of things and took pictures of a few of my favorites to share.
the store

birdcage. I had the perfect spot for it but not the perfect desire to drop $35. Maybe later ;)
Not the best vintage suitcase but the red color made me like it.
Micah would have totally loved it!

I pretty much love all white dishes of any shape and size. This piece is milk glass. There are a lot of different patterns but the only ones of it I like is this diamond pattern (I have a creamer that matches this that I bought in Savannah) and the smooth finished kind. I almost bought this but ended up getting something else instead. This was a small budget trip :(
I absolutely fell in love with this print. How can you not love a sweet blond girl rocking her baby doll. I think I'd love it more if the frame were painted a lime green color and distressed a lil bit!
This just cracked me up. Nothing says I love my stage than sewing it on your apron :)
yep. this was awesome. wanted it.

more white. I think this one was ironstone. cool shape.
Ok this thing was neat. A galvanized Igloo cooler. There was a smaller one too. If I had room in my house it would have been purchased.
Honestly this secretary was not great. The condition was pitifu BUT it gave me a great idea. Zach has an old white desk as his bedside table and I thought having a girlier white desk (like a secretary) would be super cute as my bedside table!
I ended up buying two milk glass canisters that happened to be 45% off!! Plus my awesome mother sent me home with 4 large lidded ball jars and a cool gray/blue window frame. SCORE! It was a GREAT time away and my babies were excited to see me when I got back!

No comments:

Post a Comment