Wednesday, March 9, 2011

clothes

Micah has become quite the fashion king/dictator lately. He's always wanted to be involved in the picking out of his clothes but not too long ago anything I picked was fine. Now, not so much. I love that he can get undressed and dressed by himself. I also love that he likes to be involved in the decision making. However, I DON'T love that he could care less about the temperature outside or the matching of his clothes. All he is concerned with is what color he is wearing.

For example...yesterday after school he wanted to put on play clothes which is fine with me. He wanted to wear green and red and brown. The first shirt was green but it had short sleeves and it was COLD yesterday. The second shirt didn't have green. The pants were brown but not a good brown. After a little drama/meltdown/convincing his outfit became this...




You have a red longsleeve shirt plus a green short sleeve shirt plus jeans plus his Peter Pan boots instead of his cowboy boots because they were a light brown and his cowboy boots were a silly brown.

I have to admit that I care a little bit when he picks out stuff that just completely clashes. I know I shouldn't, Zach tells me I shouldn't, but I do. Sometimes I think about all the cute/cool ensembles that are in his closet and drawers and just wish I could have him be my version of cute all the time. Then I think about the why and the why is because I want people to look at him and think good of me. Which lets face it, is just a bit prideful. Now I'm not going to let him wear uncomfortable things (i.e. his plastic fireman jacket that he can't sit down in) in the car or a thin outfit in 30 degree weather but I'm going to try to relax about the whole image thing and pick battles elsewhere. I'd much rather him be wearing plaid shorts and a polka dot shirt while sitting quietly at a restaurant then decked out in polo and running around like a heathen! Just sayin' :)

1 comment: