Sunday, March 13, 2011

tunnel basketball

Friday before last seemed like a long day. Zach had the day off and we had big plans to take the boys to Stone Mountain to have a fun outdoor family day. Of course we woke up to rainy, windy 50 degree weather instead of the beautiful sunny high 60s we had gotten used to. I spent the morning, shopping a consignment sale, going to lunch with Zach and Connor, rescuing a dog on the way home while Zach took Micah for ice cream, taking the dog to the humane society so they could track down the mama, then coming home to two short napped/no napped boys. Zach had a meeting at 4 and I needed something to entertain to stir crazy gentleman for a couple hours. I could feel my own cabin fevered, no sunshine, house is a mess brain about to explode which I didn't want to do so I prayed PLEASE keep me calm and help us to have fun. God showed up. I know it might seem strange that He gave me a game to play with the boys but He totally did. He gave me the peace to think which is a pretty big deal. We got our tunnels out (thank you Stina for the millionth time for one of the best Christmas presents ever) and turn them into the best basketball court ever!! We started rolling the balls through the tunnels to each other and quickly went to who could shoot through the circles. Micah and Connor LOVED it! Micah was great at making his shots and even got it in the tallest center circle a few times. I have a great video of his first shot in the tall one!







Phillipians 4:6 says Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God.

Playtime with your kids totally falls in the everything category and thank you that He listens to even those requests!

No comments:

Post a Comment