Monday, March 7, 2011

ironing

or the worst household chore ever. Well at least for me :) When it comes to ironing I don't do it often. Mainly because I dislike it A LOT! I iron like my mom. Everything gets piled up until you just can't stare at the pile in longer! She piles her stuff on a chair in her room. I pile it in a cute basket on the shelf in the laundry room. For me "can't stand looking at it anymore" happens when the pile touches the ceiling. Today was that day.

(and please do not tell me if I didn't wait until there was a ton then it would be better because it would not. You know who you are ;) but I love you anyway!)


Before ironing can take place I have to get all my ducks in a row. First thing all the clothes have to be organized into piles. I do not like going from shirt to skirt to kid shirt to pants to whatever else. I have to get in a groove for each article of clothing and I can't have a stray coming in and throwing off the groove ;) Next the equipment (obvious stuff).


Finally the most important part...the movie! I do not iron without something good on the TV!! The choice today...


I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. What a line! Seriously though if I could also get a recording of Hugh Grant saying 'mayonnaise' I would be a happy lady.

One movie later I am D.O.N.E and receive my reward!


Now I don't have to worry about this mess for at least another month :)

4 comments:

  1. How funny! I feel the same way about ironing - I also let mine go like that too! We should have ironing parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. or you can just do like me and never iron! i just fluff things in the dryer and hope that they are not wrinkled! johnny thinks it is silly to iron because your clothes get wrinkled the second you sit in your car to go somewhere. i am glad i married him!! i guess i agree with you about ironing being the worst chore ever and having a good movie on does help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chair is almost full....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ironing is definitely the pits. It's also part of my dating criteria: 1. Loves Jesus 2. Wants to adopt children 3. Will do all the ironing. After that, I don't really care. Ha!

    ReplyDelete