Wednesday, June 13, 2012

family and fiesta

We spent last Friday and Saturday in Gainesville hanging out with family and getting ready for Beka and Carpio's second wedding/renewal ceremony/fiesta.  Their first wedding was immediate family only so they had a second one so that other family and friends could celebrate as well.   Any excuse to get two wedding dresses right!?  Totally kidding, but seriously I really want to put mine on right now and sit around and watch TV Friends style.  Anyone remember that episode :)

Moving on...Friday was pretty relaxing considering what everyone was getting ready for.  The guys spent the day watching Andrew hack an entertainment center in half and then putting up the new TV they bought their parents.  The girls hung out, talked and watched children.  Micah,  Connor and Leah played non stop and it was so super cute.  They climbed a tree in the backyard for hours it seemed like and rode the big wheels down the hill.  Elodie, Elana, and Logan say up and stared at each other and jumped in an assortment of jumpy apparatuses.  I think Logan MIGHT have tried to pull Elana's hair out a few times but one can't be sure.









Saturday was a mix of playing in the pool, cooking, eating, cooking again, getting ready for the ceremony and partying it up.  I missed the majority of the ceremony because it coincided with Logan's napping and he wasn't in the best of moods during it.   I just pushed him around in his stroller until he fell asleep.  But what I saw was just as sweet and intimate as the first time around and I loved that their close friends were able to be apart of it this time. Much to the chagrin of my sis and bro in laws I did not break it down on the dance floor.  I swear they are constantly trying to get me to dance.  I mean I broke it down in high school but that was a loooooonnnnnngggggg time ago.  I did catch up with a couple of Zach's aunts and cousins and watch Micah and Connor play corn hole.
















It was another whirlwind, jam packed weekend.  We are getting pretty good at those but are definitely looking forward to our next visit being lengthy and relaxing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment