Monday, June 11, 2012

summer fun list 2012


Once again we made a summer fun list for this year.  I found this year on a blog a few years ago and loved the idea of being intentional with your summer time.  Nowadays being intentional with time is a HUGE need in my life.  My life hasn't found it's new normal yet and it makes me frustrated sometimes that I'm not my usual organized self.  I feel like I say/complain about this a lot which probably means that GOD is doing his best to drive it into my head to let go of myself and my need to know and trust Him with my minute to minute.

That said, listing our fun goals for the summer has been a huge help so far when I'm sleep deprived, or overwhelmed with to do lists, out of ideas during a day, or just plain frustrated at all the craziness that we all need a diversion.  Making the list this year was the most fun yet because Micah and Connor were full of ideas.  We, as always, will veer off the list from time to time as things pop up and probably won't get to a few things due to time and travel, but when the boys are sharing I don't want to tell them no we can't add that because who knows what might happen.

The one thing I have to remember is that every summer won't be like this.  I won't always have an infant.  I won't always be planning activities around naps.  I won't always be trying to constantly figure out how to shove the five of us and all our stuff and all our desires in this house.  I won't always be trying to incorporate the needs of a baby and the needs or a big boy into every adventure.  It's a hard to remember sometimes even though I've been through it twice before.  Actually that might be why it's hard because I'm anticipating it so.  Hmmm....Ill have to think on that one ;)

It's good to know though that no matter what is going on in my head as long as I'm present for my baby boys in every activity even if it's just folding laundry and watching Newsies for the 8th day in a row that they'll have a great summer knowing their mama is there with love.




No comments:

Post a Comment