Tuesday, November 20, 2012

12 months = 1 year

A year.  A whole year.  If it's possible this was the slowest and quickest year of my life though I'm sure I thought and said that during the first year of each of our sons' lives.  It's been a year since Logan Zachary May was born into our family and made me a mama for the 3rd time.




In the last month Logan has...

*taken his first steps
*started sleeping through the night!!!
*mimics sounds after you and will attempt a word after you say it but doesn't have many clear words
*says uh uh, muh for milk
*grunts and points to get your attention to what he would like
*gotten two more teeth so there are 6 in all now
*can climb the ladder to the top of the fort by himself.  It nearly gave me a heart attack the first time because I didnt know he could and I just looked over and there he was on the third rung!
*had his first sick visit at the doctor and ended up on antibiotics, a steroid and an inhaler for his double ear infection and chest cold

Logan Zachary May I love you with all my heart.  You are a precious, cuddly, smiley, brave and adventurous boy.  Not one second has gone by since the moment I saw you that I was not head over heels in love with you and grateful that God saw fit to give me three boys to help guide into amazing men of God.

It has been a challenge and an unbelievable joy learning how to be present for three children this past year so that you and each of your older brothers feel love and attention.  It is a lesson I am sure I will continually be learning and am beyond grateful blessed for the opportunity.

I can't wait to see what the next year of your life holds and can't wait to watch you learn to walk, run, and communicate.  I can't wait to see what activities you begin to love and how you will set yourself apart from your brothers as well as how you will join them in the activities you have had to sit on the sidelines for so far. You were created for a special purpose that no one else in this world can fulfill and even at one year old you can be totally sure that God has known it before time began and will be faithful to complete it in you!


Happy Birthday my Logi Bear!






]















2 comments: