Sunday, November 18, 2012

my kingdom thanks

We had our annual Thanksgiving Service at church today.  It is my favorite Sunday service and second favorite CCC event behind our Good Friday Concert.  It is a day where we are seated with family and friends and do nothing in the service but worship through songs and words/testimonies of Thanksgiving.  After that we eat a Thanksgiving meal together and follow up the whole morning by packing our boxes for Operation Christmas Child.

I remember very clearly the first one we ever attended.  We had been living in Conyers for five short months and were overwhelmed with THANKS for what a wonderful church and how many amazing friends God had blessed us with in such a short time.  Zach stood up and shared the very cool fact that CCC started in the Crandall basement around the time Zach and I started dating and praying for a church the two of us would love.  That divine timing is amazing to me and is just one infinite ways God has shown himself and his complex planning in my life.

I all too often lose focus on the feeling of Kingdom Thankfulness.  There are no shortage of things in my life to be thankful for and in trying or frustrating moments of the day I wish I could say I at least focused on even the simplest of those things instead of just reacting to whatever situation it is that is throwing off the moment.

Unfortunately, for a girl who loves consistency and organization the smallest thing can cause me doubt, anger, impatience and every other sinful reaction that can cause my heart to turn away.  Fortunately for a girl who loves consistency and organization, I serve a God who NEVER falters.  Who is ALWAYS the same yesterday, today and forever and LOVES me unconditionally.  He, His plans, His creation and His love are consistent and that is the kingdom thankfulness my heart can cling to.

No comments:

Post a Comment