Sunday, May 3, 2015

sunday song


This song never fails to bring tears to my eyes...


I once was lost in darkest night 
Yet thought I knew the way 
The sin that promised joy and life 
Had led me to the grave 

I had no hope that You would own 
A rebel to Your will 
And if You had not loved me first 
I would refuse You still

But as I ran my hell-bound race 
Indifferent to the cost 
You looked upon my helpless state 
And led me to the cross 

And I beheld God’s love displayed 
You suffered in my place 
You bore the wrath reserved for me 
Now all I know is grace 

Hallelujah! All I have is Christ 
Hallelujah! Jesus is my life 

Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone 
And live so all might see 
The strength to follow Your commands 
Could never come from me 

O Father, use my ransomed life 
In any way You choose 
And let my song forever be 
My only boast is You 


Music and words by Jordan Kauflin 
© 2008 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

No comments:

Post a Comment