Monday, November 22, 2010

birthday present

As I said in my last embrace the camera post, I turned 29 last Monday. That means I only have 51 weeks until I turn 30. Not that I'm counting or dreading it or anything. Seriously I'm just kidding I'm really not counting that down. I'm not quite that pathetic! Anyway I had a G.R.E.A.T birthday. The weekend before we went out with some of our favorite couples to dinner and a movie (sans kids) and had a wonderful time talking, laughing, acting like adults (kind of) and just being out past 8:00 :)

I am a huge fan of presents, both receiving and giving. It's one of my love languages. Words can not explain how happy it makes my heart to give someone something I believe they will truly love and cherish and will make them feel special because it is so perfectly suited to them. Because Zach knows this about me, he does a great job finding som
ething for me that is perfect. This year I gave him a hint, ok I straight told him please I want this. He spent a whole Saturday (before the AU/UGA game) cutting, measuring, and nailing cute boxes under the chair rail in the kitchen to give us the 'look' of wainscoating. He then came home from
YL the night of my bday and stayed up late to finish painting the pretty blue color I have always longed for in my kitchen.

Now my house is still for sale and I am still hoping it sells and soon if truth be told, but until then I get to look at my beautifully calming blue kitchen, knowing my husband loves me enough to give me my perfect gift :)


Before:









After:

close up of the finished product. ignore the red ball
underneath the table.

my wall with connor's 1 year old pics added

another angle of the 'dining room' wall :)

above the stove

'kitchen' side


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE it !!!!! What a great job, Zach !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is beautiful! I love the blue, and you're right, it is calming - a nice place to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT! I need to try the wainscot too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, I saw that they make a wainscot wallpaper! I may try that - it looks just like the wood stuff, but maybe easier to put up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Sarah!! I love Calming colors, that is the color of my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely perfect! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete