Sunday, November 21, 2010

sunday song: thanksgiving service

Every year on the Sunday before Thanksgiving our church, Christ Community, has a special Thanksgiving service. We set up tables, complete with centerpieces, and sit family style while enjoying a morning of worship through songs and testimonies.

This day has never failed to be a blessing to me and many others because it's real. It's real people telling real stories about real struggles and a very real God who rescued them from their pit and brought them to be with Him. You can not help listening to the hearts of others and having yours open up to what God has done in your life and see how easy it is to just share that with those around you.

I have the perfect song for today and for this week leading up to Thanksgiving. It's old...I mean real old, but every time I see the words and hear the melody my heart opens up in Thanksgiving to our God!

Doxology

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him all creatures here below.
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts.
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
Amen!

Here's a great performance of this song by David Crowder Band




2 comments:

  1. I love the Doxology too! I think some of the older ones are wonderful - tell Zach Come Thou Fount is one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!

    "Praise God to Whom ALL blessings flow"!

    SO fun to see your "Hiding Philippians in My Heart" button!!

    ReplyDelete