Thursday, July 7, 2011

the 4th

Our fourth of July was SUPER chill and relaxing. I'm not sure why we didn't have big plans but when the day was done I was kind of glad we hadn't made any. Zach started our day by trying out the new smoker he got for his birthday. He, Micah and my kitchen smelled like a BBQ joint all day long but it was totally worth it. That butt (boston butt) was good!!!!!!!!!! The rest of our day included the first day of swimming lessons. A looooooonnnnnnnnggggggg rest time and an impromptu dinner at the cardozas with us and the moons. I had really wanted to take the boys to see some fireworks BUT a certain 4 year old kept getting freaked out and teary eyed every time I mentioned it because 'they're too loud.' I decided it wasn't worth keeping them awake until 10 just to have them meltdown at the sound so I've delayed my desire until they're old enough to enjoy it. The kids had fun playing, the adults had fun talking, we found out awesome news about a new baby on the way!, and just had a plain great evening :)






No comments:

Post a Comment