Tuesday, July 19, 2011

planes and helicopters

Friday morning we (almost) all went to the Army Aviation Museum on Fort Rucker. I had been there numerous times growing up but Zach had never been and neither had the boys or my nieces. I can't speak for the two girls who seemed to be having a great time, but my 3 boys LOVED IT!! They stared and oooohhhed and ahhhhhhed and climbed and pointed and ate up all the machinery. There were airplanes and helicopters from all different time frames and wars along with uniforms, equipment and training simulators. When we walked in the gentleman at the front desk gave each of the kids a helicopter pin and at the end each kid purchased 'helicopter' flyers at the gift shop and practiced outside. This might end up being a traditional trip everytime we visit my parents :)









No comments:

Post a Comment