Sunday, July 31, 2011

backyard bible club

In my last post I shared that the last two weeks had been very special, blessing filled weeks. The first of the two weeks included a Backyard Bible Club that some amazing ladies from church helped me hold in our backyard. The purpose of a BBC instead of the typical VBS is to reach a small group of kids on a more personal level closer to their environment. We invited our children from church and children from the neighborhood. We held it three nights (three of the hottest nights of the summer) and had music, stories, small group prayer, snacks, crafts and games. The focus was God Gives Us Friends and went into Jesus being the best friend we can have and he helps/teaches us to be the best friends to others as well. We sweated a bucket and were blessed infinitely more. I loved loved loved seeing the love of God poured onto these kids from my friends and sisters (and a couple brothers) in Christ. I pray the children received even 1/10th of the blessing that I did. We made some great relationships with children in our neighborhood and closer relationships with friends from church as well.











No comments:

Post a Comment