Wednesday, December 7, 2011

3 peas in a pod

My three peas...

Logan

Connor

Micah
It's been three weeks since boy number three entered the world.  I just love these three pictures of them.  Looking at them you think wow they are just the same but paying closer attention you can see their difference and being with them you can definitely see they each have their own wonderful and challenging personalities.  That said...

The question to ask a new mama (whether it's her first or 20th each child makes you a new mama all over again) is "so how's it going" or "how are you doing".  I do not mind this question at all because I know the asker is truly wanting to know how we're doing.  Even those people who as the "stupid" pregnancy questions before the baby gets here wants to be helpful after they come.  It's not always an easy question to answer though because to explain completely how we are all doing would take waaaayyyy too long if I was to be completely honest with my answer.  My usual answer is the boys are doing great and loving him and playing really well together and I'm still adjusting to the busyness of life.  Short, sweet and doesn't lie and say it's awesome but doesn't reveal to much of the nitty gritty.  Even in this, my own blog where I can say what I want, I really don't want to go through the WHOLE honest answer because frankly it's exhausting to even think about.  Yesterday I had my first emotional meltdown a.k.a crying fest.  It was a mixture of exhaustion, holiday preparations, and the inability to be completely there for anyone in my family.  I know there will be a point where I can give each of the men in my family exactly what they need from me their mother or wife but I"m definitely not there yet.  The problem is I didn't realize I wasn't there yet until yesterday when I was trying and failing and finally just crying.  I would say it was ironic but God is never ironic.  I was praying in the wee hours that very day about the boys and my mothering and asking for His Spirit to be present with me in my relationships and caretaking of them but the whole time I was assuming I had it all covered.  In 12 short hours He proved that I did not.  Now while the majority of this meltdown was normal due to the season of life we have just entered there was still a valuable lesson I learned.  This morning, again in the wee hours, I read these words "I can't do everything, and I'm not supposed to"  Newborn or not I can not do and be everything to my baby boys and that's ok because I'm not supposed to.  I'm their mama not their creator, savior or holy spirit.  Thank GOD, no seriously THANK YOU, that He's got them in His hands!

 My sister in law Jessica had her third child two weeks before Logan was born.  She has 3 kids 3 and under.  She just wrote this today...read it!  I feel we will be bonding through this experience of three!

3 comments:

  1. aw! Thanks for the shout out :) I can't wait till we can actually get our kids together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 3 boys are beautiful! And, they are lucky to have a great mom like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this, Sarah. I think about you often when I feel overwhelmed with just one baby to take care of. I love your honesty and your sweet heart, and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Oh, and your three boys do look completely identical to me in those pictures!

    ReplyDelete