Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Jacob and Maximus

I stand firm on my belief that you can create almost any toy for boys out of cardboard and duct tape.  For example...

While shopping for a birthday present for a friend Micah saw a Tommy Gun.  You know those huge machine guns that gangsters used.  He asked for it and I promptly replied NOT A CHANCE!  When we got home he asked Zach if he would make him a huge gun.  He's father promptly replied SURE and spent the next 20 minutes fashioning this huge gun out of cardboard and duct tape.  Connor then decided he had to have one as well so on went more cardboard cutting and so on.  Much to my heart's delight they soon grew tired of their ginormous 3D guns and began riding them around the yard like they were horses.  YES!  Cowboys I can handle ;)  I am not kidding when I say they two of them played with their 'horses' ALL DAY.  Seriously had to make them come inside after 4 when it was freezing and starting to get in to the dusk time of day.  The next day they asked Zach to add a head and tail to Maximus (connor's horse) and Jacob (micah's horse) and have continued to play cowboys, jousting, and horse racing until these poor creatures are on their last leg.  This is one of those days that being a mama of boys was nothing but pure joy!










1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I have a bunch of cardboard boxes in my garage and I keep meaning to make something with them... Maybe I'll try that!

    ReplyDelete