Saturday, December 31, 2011

christmas morning

I'm going to go ahead and say it, my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were not the best ever.  15 minutes after leaving my parents house on Christmas Eve I started not feeling well.  I ended up throwing up on the side of Pike Road in a parking lot (blech!) and continued for the next 12 hours!!  I missed our Christmas Eve service, missed making our Happy Birthday Jesus cake, missed making dinner (they ate canned ABCs), missed watching It's a Wonderful Life with Zach, and missed setting out Christmas.  I just sat on the couch and watched Zach do it and went back to bed.  I was quite sad and quite pitiful to tell the truth.  Thankfully I felt better by the next day, not perfect but better, and was able to open presents with the boys.  They each had a few things under the tree and then we took them outside to show them their big present.  We bought a fort/clubhouse/swingset and they were very surprised.  It was raining though so they couldn't play on it which actually was good because we had to hurry and get dressed for church and packed up to leave for Gainesville after church.  I felt hurried, hectic, chaotic, overwhelmed and icky pretty much the whole day except for our time at church.  I know many people didn't make it to worship at the prospective churches that morning and that's ok but I was very very very thankful for that short time where it seemed like the day stopped and I was able to rest and relax in Him and the glory of what Christmas is.  It was just what I needed and I was so thankful for the amazing gift of that time.















No comments:

Post a Comment