Wednesday, February 15, 2012

5

My precious Micah May is 5 today.  5.  I can barely believe it.  Has it really been 5 years since I entered the  world of mommyhood.  There are so many things I love about this big boy and sitting here thinking about them is already getting me choked up.  Here are some things about my big 5 year old boy.

*  He has such a sensitive heart.  While worry and easily hurt comes a long with his sensitivity I feel confident that God is going to use it to know and understand the needs of those around him as he grows.
*  Loves his little brothers.  He wants me to put Logan on the couch just so he can stare at him and wants me to wake Connor up from naps so he can play with him.
*  Can talk up a storm!  One of my favorite things is us being in the car and him saying Mama let's talk about ________.  It can be sports, food, parties, cemeteries, heaven or what your body would look like if it was cut open.  There's just no telling!
*  Still loves to dress up, imagine and create.  He also LOVES to hum...CONSTANTLY!  He can pick out a tune pretty well which makes Zach very excited.  I hope his artistic side continues to grow.
*  Starting baseball this year.  He's on the Red Sox which makes him happy because red is his favorite color.  His coach is a great christian family man (thank you Lord for that blessing!) who is also an actual baseball coach.
*  Is starting to get into sports in general.  He loved watching college football this year and remembers the majority of SEC teams and their mascots already.  Crazy how boy brains work.
*  Enjoys going to school and bringing home what he's learned.  It's amazing how much a little brain can hold and remember!
*  Has given up his 'blue bear' completely but still has a firm hold on his blanket and his stuffed curious george.  It's been three years since we started watching monkey and he still loves it and watches an episode every morning while eating breakfast.
*  Totally obsessed with Mario thanks to his buddy Kaiden at school.  Zach got us a wii for Christmas and one of his presents for his birthday is a Mario game so he'll finally be able to actually play Mario too.
*  We watched half of Empire Strikes Back and he loves it so the Star Wars phase has begun.  Can't wait to watch all three with him.
*  Learning to let go of his cautiousness and get to know people much easier.

It's a pleasure being the mama of this little boy and while he is far from perfect and on certain days his personal idiosyncrasies and normal boy misbehavior make me fine tune my parenting skills I could not be prouder of Micah and more excited about seeing him grow up!

birth day
February 15, 2007

6 weeks

1

2

3

4
5

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, he is so awesome. Happy birthday to my very first nephew! Love you Micah May!

    ReplyDelete