Tuesday, February 14, 2012

valentines

It all started with me trying to make my life easier and save a little money too.  I had good intentions but you know what they say about good intentions. So....

I found this super cool and free Valentine card printable online.  I am one who likes to make our valentines instead of purchase them, and this one was perfect. It was very boy friendly, did not contain stupid messages and was basically free because I already had cardstock at my house to print them on.  My even more frugal plan was to put pixie sticks on them instead of glow sticks because glow sticks are pricey and you can get a bag of 100 pixie sticks for like a dollar.  Or so I thought. Yesterday Connor, Logan and I went stopped by a drug store and a candy store and nothing.  Not one dang pixie stick.  Zach stopped by two gas stations and a grocery store on his way home and nothing.  Not one dang pixie stick.  I am racking my brain to figure out what else can go on there.  I mean it's not like any kind of candy can be a light saber!

On his way home from YoungLife he stopped at yet another gas station and Kroger.  I'd like to say I remained calm as he gave me what he thought were good suggestions at replacements but I did not.  Granted my almost 3 month old had decided to stay awake from 3 that afternoon until what was then 10 that night with barely a 45 minute nap in between so I'm using that as my excuse for informing him, in my not nicest voice, that he's suggestions were awful and to just by a few packs of gum and I'd tape two sticks to the card.

Twenty minutes later, Logan is still awake and I'm sitting on the couch crying because Zach came home with Freedent gum that smells like my grandmother and looks ridiculous because the wrappers on the sticks are white and say wrigley on them.  Not very Jedi!  He explained that he thought I was putting the whole pack on there which is why he bought those because they were apparently the only kind that were the longer skinny packs and not the square packs.  Either because he loves me that much or he was scared that I was having a large breakdown that was only going to get bigger, he went back to Kroger and bought gum with bright blue wrappers on the individual sticks.  Now that's Jedi.  So another thirty minutes, Logan is still awake, and I've finally finished my  not so brilliant, not so easy and not as cheap valentines.

My sweet boys took one look at them this morning and informed me that they were awesome and that they'd always wanted valentines exactly like that.  


1 comment:

  1. love this post! that kind of stuff happens to me all the time too. your boys are right...awesome lightsabers!

    ReplyDelete