Saturday, September 8, 2012

be transformed

I had this post planned out in my head this morning and now as I sit down to write it I've gone blank.  I hate when that happens.  It would be easier if these exact thoughts were going through the head of my sister in law Katie because she is much better at sorting through things and getting them out in writing so that it all makes sense.  However, I am not her and my thoughts do not always make sense, just asks my husband as during a "discussion" as all my frustrations come spilling out in who knows what order until they're all out and just floating in the air until we look and figure out what is really going on!  So here it goes...

One of my favorite things when we joined CCC eight (wow EIGHT!) years ago was my women's group.  I had never had the blessing of being a part of a group of women who's sole purpose was to study the word, speak truth and wisdom to each other, encourage one another while being understanding and honest about themselves and their own struggles.  I've had this discussion with some people but to the ones who I haven't I hope you understand what I'm about to share.  The last couple of books/studies we did felt different to me. While it was still an enjoyable evening to get a night out and be with other women, there was something missing.  

I was about to share my thoughts on why and what happened but then deleted it.  If you are curious just ask and I'll try to explain it the best I can.  Instead here and now I'll just say that it fizzled shortly after and for the last year due to lack of leadership has no longer been a ministry at my church.  As much as I have missed it looking back I knew it was for a purpose and just prayed that God would place that in my life again.  I, unfortunately, will probably never learn that His timing and His plans are always better than my own and that I need to just get over the fact that things are not going to happen immediately just because I want them to.  However I will also never cease to be amazed at the beauty of how my creator's plans come to fruition and the intricate paths He takes each of our hearts through to have them all perfectly prepared for what He has in store.

This morning I attended a kick off brunch for the new women's group at Christ Community Church and as I sat in my seat at a gorgeously dressed table created by a freshly graduated college student who oozes God's grace and as I sat around with friends and sisters in Christ singing praises to our King and as I listened to each other share their hearts about women's ministry and saying we can't speak truth and wisdom to each other until our goal is to allow God to continually transform us to be more and more like Christ, I almost wept.  The fact that Micah and Connor and I just made a painting this summer with the theme verse just further shows me how fun God is in his preparations!

Thank you Father!  Thank you for answering the prayers of so many, thank you for loving me enough to show me my own sin and wanting to transform me and use me in your Kingdom.  Thank you for the women you have and will place in each of our lives to speak truth to us in love.  Thank you for what you will show us and when we rebel against it and try to think of ourselves more highly than we should, thank you for helping us see that we need to come humbly to the throne of grace and be filled with you alone.  Even when it hurts and confuses I know it will soon be replaced with joy and peace.  I'm ready...let's do this!

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Sarah. I'm so excited for you as you start afresh with the other women in your church. And just so you know, when I'm "discussing" things with Jered, NOTHING I say makes any sense at all. I'm terrible with words when I am speaking. It's a lot easier for me to sound coherent when I write things down :-) But it also takes FOREVER, so that's the downside!

    ReplyDelete