Monday, September 9, 2013

weekend o' fun


Zach was gone this weekend on a YoungLife leader retreat so my parents came up for the weekend so I wouldn't be by myself.  We had a great weekend with the boys!

Friday night we had our movie night and then Micah and Connor stayed up until Mimi and Papa got there.  They always bring little treats and this time it was mint m&ms for Connor and baseball cards for Micah along with hats from a restaurant they went to in Chicago.




My parents "collect" rocks from places they visit.  Some National Parks might call it stealing but collecting is what I'm going to go with.  They just built a dry creek bed in their backyard using some of the acquired rocks and wanted to get one from Turner Lake Park because they go their with the boys a lot when they visit.  We found a huge mama rock in the woods and carted it back to the car.




On our way back to the playground Micah decided he wanted to check which team was playing at the football field to see if it was his friend Griffin.  He decided we needed to take a short cut through the woods.  I started complaining about it and he said "it'll be ok just follow me"  In that moment I might have followed him anywhere.  He was so sweet, protective and encouraging in one simple statement!



It wasn't Griffins team but it was still a nice adventure with my boy.  Next it was duck feeding and clam shell collecting before we hit the playground.







That night Micah's school was having a movie on the lawn.  I missed it last year because Zach was out of town and I didn't want to take less than a year old Logan plus the other two by myself.  Mimi and Papa stayed with Logi while I had a date night out with M & C.  The minute we showed up one boy yelled for Micah and then a few came up and said Yay Micah's here.  That boy is loved!  He is such a great leader and encouraging friend and I can't wait to see how God continues to use that throughout his life.

Micah ran around with his friends while we were waiting for it to get dark enough for the movie while Connor tried out his future playground.  He ran into one of his friends from his Pre K class which made him super excited!




I laid on a blanket under the stars watching a movie with two of my boys and it was awesome!  They showed Epic which was pretty good.  Not meant to have a gospel message, but it would preach.  I love when you can see Truth everywhere because God is in everything.  








Except for the Braves losing and missing my husband it was a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet that micah's friends were so happy to see him. What a blessing for you to be able to witness that. I bet he's such a good friend!

    ReplyDelete