Saturday, January 29, 2011

amaryllis

I just wanted to share a picture of our beautiful red amaryllis. I bought a kit on sale at Target in December and Micah and I followed all of the directions very carefully (as to not screw it up!) and have been watching and watching. He was so excited when the first bloom started opening and at least once a day tells me to look at how pretty our flower is. I think he might have gotten his Papa's gardening gene! If you look closely one of the leaves is ripped off. Sweet boy Silas grabbed it one Thursday night and we all joked about being glad it wasn't the flower because it would be just like Dennis the Menace (you know where Mr. Wilson turns away and misses the bloom he waited 15 years for!) I'm honestly just excited it grew since I tend to kill most plant life :)



2 comments:

  1. THAT is what I was looking for at Lowes to grow for my mantle. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete