Wednesday, September 14, 2011

31 weeks


This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy. ~babycenter.com

The weather is changing and it is amazing! I finally feel comfortable in shorts and a tank top while everyone else is donning their jeans and/or hoodies. I'm feeling really good right now since I'm in the not yet miserably uncomfortable stage. I feel huge however because I can't bend over at all and have to be hauled off the floor. It's seriously amazes me how big a body can get during this process. I won't share how much weight I've gained but I've only got 16 pounds to go until I match the weight gain from Micah and Connor. Hopefully I only tie and don't feel the need to beat any records! I can't believe there is only nine weeks (plus or minus) to go until we meet our 3rd son. 90% of me is fine with him staying in until necessary since I know what is to come when I can't just carry him around inside wherever we go. There is that little 10% that is just so curious about who he will be and what he will look like and how Connor will feel about being a big brother that I'm ready to just dive in to the craziness. However that is just 10% so hang in their buddy!


I was listening to my Sara Groves playlist the other day when this song came on. I've heard it tons of times but apparently I HEARD it this time and if I hadn't been driving it would have stopped me in my tracks. I felt like I it was releasing my hearts thoughts. Hope you enjoy and understand :)

I do not know how I am to pray for this child
as a mother I don't want my baby denied
but in the waiting in the waiting
I learned

every instinct in me wants to shield him from pain
take the arrows of misery, heartache and blame
but in the sorrow in the sorrow
I learned to hold on

I only have two eyes - be all seeing
I only have two hands - be everywhere
I do not know enough - to be all knowing
I give this baby up into your care

I do not know how, how to pray for this child
I want to guard her from everything wicked and wild
but in the trial in the trial
I learned to hold on
And in the trial, in the trial
I learned to hold on to the heart of God

1 comment:

  1. Who's that hottie???

    I was thinking that it was gonna be a Sara Groves day. Now it is for sure :)

    ReplyDelete