Tuesday, September 6, 2011

rearranging

At least one room of my house has been in complete disarray for almost a month now and if you know me you know there's a good chance it's driving me crazy :) My brain just tends to work better in an organized environment. Making room for baby brother has proven to be a time consuming task. One reason is because if I want to actually be a good mother to Micah and Connor I have to work in small time frames and the other is because there has been A LOT to do. It's kind of like the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. One thing requires something else to be done which means something else has to be done which means...you get the picture.

It started with Connor and Micah moving into the room together. This required a hand me down dresser/desk to be painted, bunk beds found and in our case painted, toys to be gone through and condensed so they'd fit, walls to be painted, new bedding to be purchased, closets to be cleaned out and shelves to be hung, then there were the couple of crafty projects to do for the cute factor of course.

Next was the new nursery/guest room. This required walls painted, closet cleaned out, new bedding purchased, mattress purchased, crib being put together, room rearranged a thousand times until it all fit without being cluttered, a dresser and bookshelf painted, and there are still projects to be done to make it 'finished'.

Still to be done is to get the piles of stuff that came out of the closets and is currently sitting in Zach and my room gone. I have an overwhelming desire to clean out the junk from my attic to sell, donate, organize and put back (I blame my cousin in law Hannah for this because she did it to hers and it just inspired me!), the consignment sell I do twice a year is in the beginning of October so I need to go through the boys clothes and toys to see what we don't need and price it, and then there's getting all the baby equipment back down and cleaned and put in place.

Zach and I were talking last night about all of the things I needed to do and wanted to do before baby brother gets here. I shared that my goal is to POWER THROUGH the month of September and use every available time I have so that the last month and a half of this pregnancy are spent resting and enjoying our last weeks as a family of four.

just a thought:
I am aware that some people just wouldn't care about some of this and that's ok. I am quite aware that I'm picky and like things to look a certain way and I honestly I think that's ok too as long as I don't obsess or put 'looks' above the important things in life like my relationship with the Lord and the time I spend caring for and being with my husband and children. I pray that the time and effort I spend making things comfortable and beautiful for my family will enable them to feel at peace and protected in their home and help make our times of play and rest more enjoyable :)

3 comments:

  1. Your house sounds like my house...we are in the middle of paitning our kitchen and getting new countertops put in...and I am only three weeks away from bringing little Emersyn home! AHHH! I can't wait to see nusery pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are done with your house, you and my mom can come down and work on mine. Cause as you know I am one of those people who doesn't really care about/really sucks at organizing, but I think it might be nice to be organized one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can totally identify with your love for order:) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete