Thursday, November 24, 2011

Give Thanks

At Thanksgiving, the song that always comes to my mind is Give thanks with a grateful heart...  I even wrote the first line on my new chalkboard.  The other day I was staring at it and started wondering why did the writer add 'with a grateful heart' after Give thanks.  I mean isn't that kind of implied with giving thanks?  The more I thought about it the more I realized how often many of us say thank you not because we are grateful for something given to us but because we feel as if we deserve it and the thanks is just the right thing to say.  Today, and all days after, I pray that my heart and mind realizes how truly thankful I should be because I am so undeserving of everything God has so graciously given me.  I pray that each and every time I do give thanks it is with a full and grateful heart knowing that I've done nothing, yet still God has given me everything!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment