Sunday, November 6, 2011

welcome to babyland

OK so it's not even close in size to the room from F of the B two and probably only cost as much as one of their stuffed animals ;) but I am sooo happy with how the baby room turned out. After 3 kids this is the first nursery I've completed. We didn't know if Micah was going to be a boy or girl (even though I had my suspicions) so I was planning on finishing it after he was born. That pretty much never happened. Then with Connor we had just put the house on the market and assumed (quite wrongly!) that it would sell soon so we didn't have a room for him at all. He ended up sleeping in a pack n' play for a year until we finally put up a crib in the guest room for him. For some reason this time it was really important to me to make a finished space that would be useful and comfortable and cute for both our baby and any guests we have.

Enter our Woodland getaway :) I wanted a semi mature feel for guests, a vintage feel for me, and a a playful woodland feel for baby boy. There is technically still one thing I need (bed skirt) and one thing I want (cute woodland animals shaped pillow), but other than that here is my baby's room...

Door side wall
* 5 frames from Hobby Lobby with scrapbook paper.
They might possibly reveal something very important or they might just hold pictures.
You just never know ;)
* IKEA shelf
* dresser from my parents' neighbors after they moved away
* green basket is from Hobby Lobby and holding diapering essentials


bed wall

* shelves are IKEA spice racks. Idea via Pinterest


* chair is a vintage brown velvet swivel rocker from Antiques and Stuff in Covington, GA
* white end table from my parents'
* vintage alarm clock from Sadie's Antiques in Conyers, GA
* lamp from Target
*pillow made by me


* shhhh sign from a store in Blue Ridge. It was originally in Micah's nursery.
* three woodland prints were made by me from Target dollar spot canvases
* mobile made by me via pinterest idea


closer look


The guest bed :)
* mattress and box spring were an awesome deal at Ocho in Covington.
* headboard is a barn door from my parents' shed
* window was in Micah's nursery and pretty sure was stolen from the side of the road
* curtain panels, brown accent pillows, green rectangular pillow and sheets are from Homegoods
* bedding is from Overstock
* navy leaf pillows I made with fabric from Ocho


These two little gals came from the garden department at Lowes. I was wandering around and got so excited when I spotted them. They had an owl friend but he was broken :(


Hope you enjoyed the tour. In 10 +/- days there will be a little boy who lives inside it!

5 comments:

  1. I just love baby boy's room! Its even better in person and we can't wait to meet him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great i love how you decorated. :) i never got to complete a room for either of my 2. Maybe next time..
    www.myoverflowingheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, is that a trick? I hope his name is going in those picture frames. 5 letters? Can I start guessing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Sarah. TMC. Too Much Cuteness.

    ReplyDelete