Monday, August 13, 2012

occupy patio

At some point in the last couple weeks our neighbors decided they no longer wanted their house so they left it.  It's the fourth house in the last few months that people have just abandoned in the neighborhood and it's quite frustrating.  As much as I want to hate them and say it's not fair because I want to move too but I'm not just going to up and leave, I have to remember that I don't know their story or what might have given them the thought/reality that there was no other choice to make.  This is not easy AT ALL.  

What makes it even more difficult is the three new visitors we have in our backyard.  Left behind were five cats (that we know of).  Two have taken residence in the backyard of our across the street neighbors.  Three, one cat and two kittens, have decided to stake their claim on our backyard.  Occupy Patio!  The cat only comes around when it's hungry but there's a little gray and white kitten and an all white kitten that pretty much never leave unless we come out there.  The gray one is pretty brave and has let us touch it a couple times.

Although they will not be coming inside my home, (seriously there's not enough room for us let alone more animals) I can not let them starve to death so we'll keep feeding them and letting them hang out for however long they want to.  We don't know if they are boys or girls but Micah has named the gray one scratch because it scratches at the door all the time and the white one Emma but I have no idea why.  The big cat he named Jacob yesterday.  My votes were Katniss, Peeta and Gale but Micah didn't agree :*(




1 comment: