Wednesday, August 1, 2012

shoelaces

 In less than five minutes, sitting on the kitchen floor, getting ready to go ride bikes, Micah learned how to tie his shoes.  It may sound odd but this might be one of my favorite parenting moments to date.  I sat there showing him briefly how to make the 'bunny ears' and watching him mimic it.  There was no frustration on his face when he didn't get it right there was just determination.  The look on his face when he got it for the first time was pure precious joy followed by a smirk as I quickly untied it and asked him to try it one more time just to make sure.  He did it again :)

I am absolutely confident that every time I see him repeat this feat whether it's today, at age 15 on a baseball field, or at 30 when he ties his own son's shoes my heart will smile and I'll remember those moments in our kitchen.  Thank you God for precious times of learning, sharing and remembering.







No comments:

Post a Comment