Sunday, August 12, 2012

week end review

Micah finished his first full week of Kindergarten last week and shared a lot of fun things and nervous things about how it all went.

*  The boys he knows from preschool are in other classes but he has already talked about some new friends he's met.  Their names are Griffin, Charlie, Aidan and Lindsay.  When he told me about Lindsay he followed it up with but he's a boy.  I am looking forward to eating lunch with him soon so I can meet his new buds.

*  He says his teacher is funny.

*  I've made his lunch everyday because he's afraid if he buys lunch at school they'll make him eat a vegetable.

*  On Thursday morning he almost had a meltdown on the way because he was just so exhausted.  I'm assuming the week had finally caught up with him.  Thankfully I got a smile out of him about five minutes before we made it to school and he walked in great.  Ironically, he was the most talkative after school this day than any other.

*  They had a fire drill one day which he thought was the most fun thing.  He said they practiced lining up really fast and he mimicked it for me in his seat.  It was hilarious.

*  His least favorite part of the day is waiting in the lunchroom after school while I make my way through the car rider pick up line.

I finished off the week completely exhausted.  Between getting up two hours earlier than I had been used to this summer, not getting a full nights sleep ever and still trying to figure out the napping/resting schedules of Connor and Logan it was a draining week for me.  However, nothing could put a damper on that moment Micah stepped back in the car in the afternoon with a huge smile and full of stories.  I'm so excited that he's loving Kindergarten so far.  I'm sure there are going to be difficult days mixed in.  I'm not living in a dream world and thinking that all days are awesome days for him but it's been nice starting out in a very positive way.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad he had a good first week! Those car lines are ridiculous! I

    ReplyDelete