Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday was a semi quiet relaxing day.  

The boys woke up and hunted for their baskets.  This was something Zach's family did when they were kids and he wanted to pass it on.  Micah's was under Logan's slide, Connor's was behind the trash can and Logan's was pretty much out in the open.  It was a tradition in my family to get a movie in your basket and I added getting a book as well.  

Micah got Voyage of the Dawn Treader and his very first bible.  The Adventure Bible NIrV.  I absolutely loved it and we are looking forward to showing him how to use it and explain the books and verses and stuff.  He found the maps last night and got really excited.  He's his Daddy's boy!

Connor got Mulan and immediately burst into tears because he said he didn't want that movie.  After calming down in his room he came back out and when I explained to him what movie he liked he said OH I like that one.  Mercy child!  He also got a new Jesus Storybook Bible because ours was missing the cover and a few pages.  Logan got Veggietales Jonah and The Big Red Tractor.  I think my sis in law recommended it to me a couple years ago.  

I had children's church and we watched the Veggie Tales Easter Carol because I had done the actual Resurrection lesson two weeks before.  It's a cute movie and the kids stayed quiet and watched so that's a good sign.  

We ate lunch after church with some friends at a very traditional Easter restaurant....Los Bravos ;) 

We usually do Easter Dinner and Egg Hunts with the Moons and Cardozas because none of us are usually able to be with family on Easter Day but Silas and Evie were sick and Matt and Leslie were taking Bella and William to Savannah and left right after lunch.  Instead we spent a quiet afternoon watching Mulan, having our own egg hung in the backyard, playing with growth capsules from Micah's basket and watching Prince Caspian so we could watch Voyage of the Dawn Treader the next night.  It's our Spring Break this week which usually means lots of family movie nights.  Watching movies is one of my all time favorite things and I love sharing it with them.




























No comments:

Post a Comment